A passionate doctor who believes that innovation can only make my colleagues’ and patients’ lives better, I know only too well the potential barriers to getting the #healthtech working on the ground. I have a proven track record in overcoming those boundaries and have implemented lasting change in health settings.
I clinically validate your #healthtech to make sure it will be successfully implemented in a health setting.
Based on may years of clinical experience and innovation in clinical settings, we work together on your project to see what works, what needs working on and make it clinically valid. This makes the difference between #healthtech actually reaching patients or staying in the boardroom.
An initial 15 minute session (usually videoconference) lets you explain the thought process and direction of your project. This gives me the opportunity to understand not only the clinical context but also the business model you want to work with. Then you can choose from one of the options below. Optional extras include white papers and EBM (evidence based medicine) material for a wide variety of audiences.
One off session – for #healthtech start-ups:
- Step by step review of all the current functions of your #healthtech.
- Identifying what responds to a patient or clinician need and how to tweak those functions to improve physician acceptance.
- Altering functions that aren’t currently clinically valid to make sure that they are addressing a need.
- Looking at clinical applications you may not have thought of in your current health setting but also possibilities for expansion. Specifically the NHS and European market.
- Identifying health influencers and commissioners who will benefit most from your technology.
Ongoing clinical validation and #healthtech implementation
– for #healthtech projects with no actively clinical CMO (Chief Medical Officer):
- Initial review as above.
- Weekly review of action plan. Ongoing improvements working with your developers. Long-term vision of programming needs in order to prevent future product developments being patched add-ons.
- Regular relevant industry and medical updates which can be integrated into to your #healthtech project.
- Validation of white paper and other promotional material according to the target audience: investors, clinicians, patients.
#healthtech project viability – for investors.
As a doctor I struggle immensely with the concept that so many health tech projects are expected to fail in order to be able to back the elusive one which will really be used in a clinical setting. From my clinical perspective it is often obvious that a smart project may grounded by a small detail or is going in the wrong direction. Lack of current clinical knowledge of guidelines, research and realities means often a great concept is veering off course or not relevant in the projected setting. A true collaborative problem solver I have often been able to reinvigorate a project that was starting to go in the wrong direction despite substantial backing. As an Emergency medicine doctor , where failure can be fatal, means that I am used to cutting through to the vital concerns and finding real solutions.
Contact me directly to discuss how I can help you select the right #healthtech project to invest in. Get specialised and experienced help to ensure any current projects get quickly and efficiently to a clinical setting. Having seen innovation projects from the inside, I can also advise you as to where the strengths and weaknesses of a specific project lie, taking into account human factors.